Sunday, March 21, 2010

Our First Anniversary!

Sheehan and I celebrated our first anniversary a day early since our anniversary fell on a Sunday. We have made it through our first year! It's been an eventful and great year. Sheehan planned our anniversary and was going to surprise me but leaked some key hints so I had a good idea of what the day was going to be like. Our day was close to what our engagement story would have been like if a major snowstorm hadn't hit Bear Valley on that same day. Nonetheless, Sheehan still did very well on the engagement.Sheehan had made a small map to show what we had in store for the day; because my favorite song is "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer and they mention taking a trail on a map. Each thing we did had an explanation and so we begin with Denny's at around 11:30 am to get two milkshakes. The first night Sheehan and I met was at a YSA Murder in the Dark activity where afterward, Sheehan and his roommates chased us down on the freeway and signaled for us to pullover then followed by asking if we wanted to go to Denny's. At midnight that night we got two milkshakes. I got the the usual chocolate...and Sheehan got the usual strawberry... I surprised Sheehan by giving him what he has been searching for the last few month. A 1986 proof set of U.S. coins. He was born in 1986 and he enjoys collecting coins so although it may not seem romantic to some he appreciated it.We went to the movie theater right down the street from where Sheehan proposed outside of my favorite restaurant in downtown Tehachapi. I really wanted to see Alice in Wonderland so we saw that. Then we got some Subway sandwiches and made our way back to Bear Valley to my favorite trail walk. Stage Coach Stop. This is where Sheehan had originally planned to propose but quickly got sabotaged by a stream that overtook his shoe, a trail lost in the snow, and the realization that even if he made it to the hidden away picnic table and oak tree I wouldn't want to blaze through a blizzard to get to Stage Coach stop anyway. So a year later we finished what he had originally started when he asked me to marry him. This is the best time of year to go and it was BEAUTIFUL!! Everyone was out enjoying the nice day and we saw many horse riders on the trail. Sheehan had packed a bag of picnic supplies including a cute picnic tablecloth. We sat under the oak tree at our picnic table and ate our lunch together then climbed around the surrounding hills to see the views of the valley. The creek alongside the trails was running and was perfect background sound to top of the afternoon. After our trail walk we went to lake and fed the ducks ending our perfect day in the evening just as it was getting cold outside. Sheehan did a great job planning our day and made it exactly as I would have wanted.

2 comments:

The Liddells said...

Happy Anniversary!

Deven and Alyssa Perry said...

Wow you really had a great day! Nice planning Sheehan! Sweet Gift Kierty.. You look beautiful and your hair looks gorgeous! Sheehan you look great in yellow as well. hehe.. I love the pictures! Did you have a photographer following you all day how did you get pics from far away with both of you in them.. I love the path pics I felt like I went on the hike myself.. thanks now I don't have to do that one for real this year hehe...

Kiersten and Sheehan's Wedding Day! March 21st, 2009