Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Vance William Thomson


On March 12th, 2014 at 8:40am we welcomed Vance William Thomson into our family! At 39 weeks we scheduled the c-section and had our 8.7 lb baby, 19.5 inches long! The first thing Sheehan said was "Awe, he looks so cute and little compared to Lincoln". The hospital staff informed us for a 39 week baby he is pretty big so I am glad we decided to do the c-section at 39 weeks. The polyhydramnios made me huge and during the c-section they had to get another bucket for all the fluid. I had to throw in a gross health fact. 

Vance has been such a GOOD baby. He is happy to just eat, sleep, and poop. He is not a big cryer but grunts all the time. When he is awake, sleeping, eating, pooping, and sitting peacefully he grunts and groans like a little old man. He has been so good I just love to hold him all day long. I may regret that later but for now I am enjoying every minute of snuggle time. Now I can understand why people love newborn babies.

My c-section recovery was SO much easier this time. It would have been a breeze if I hadn't caught a cold 2 days after arriving home from the hospital. It was rough coughing and sneezing after having major abdominal surgery and taking care of a newborn. I had so much help from family that made it all so much easier to handle. Lincoln went to Alyssa's during the day while Sheehan worked or visited with me then he went home with Sheehan at night. He loves his cousin Kiley girl so he had a really great time playing at their house then getting to come home and sleep in mommy and daddy's room. I don't think he missed me too much. :)
 Resting before the C-section







The last few months of pregnancy and during recovery from the c-section I pretty much laid around in my bed or couch 24/7 and watched tv. Lincoln was really good to just lay around with me which is not his typical behavior. It was nice to have a cuddle buddy. He took good care of his Mommy. When I laid on the couch he would bring me every blanket he could find. It was really sweet.

I was a little lonely while recovering in the hospital so I left as soon as they would let me. My hospital bed was also INCREDIBLY uncomfortable so all I wanted was to sleep in my own bed. As much as I loved the hospital food service (I really did), I was ready to go home to my Lincoln boy and husband.

Being cleaned up while they finished the c-section.

Holding my baby in recovery for the first time. It was so hard to stay awake for the first 24 hours after the c-section due to the morphine. I kept falling asleep in the middle of talking or nursing. It was frustrating.






This is me trying to stay awake while holding baby Vance early in the morning. 


We are so excited to have Vance in our family and that we are lucky enough to be his parents. We love him so much already and can't wait to watch him learn and grow. Lincoln adores his little brother and so do his parents! ;)


No comments:

Kiersten and Sheehan's Wedding Day! March 21st, 2009