Friday, August 1, 2014

Bear Lake Weekend

It seems that here in Utah the place to go is Bear Lake. So we decided to go on one of the most popular weekends which is when they have raspberry days. We went from August 1st-3rd right over Julianne's birthday. 

The kids were a little crazy and I think each of us parents about lost it trying to make sure we were all having "fun" but overall it was a good weekend. I don't know if we will do it again. I think Bear Lake is just okay. To drive 3 hours away to a teeny town...it was just okay. Maybe I'm spoiled by places in California. 

Bear Lake is divided by the Idaho/Utah border. My parents went around the wrong side of the Lake and ended up in Idaho. Not knowing that we were so close to the border of the states they called a little frantic wondering how far off the path they had gotten to end up in Idaho. They were only 15 minutes in the wrong directions and eventually would have made their way back around the Bear Lake to the Utah side where our campground was.

With snacks in hand and the wonderful DVD player in the car we made our way there. We were loaded with camping supplies and lots and lots of snacks. I can't help it. I have to buy junk for a road trip. 


About 10 minutes before we reached our campsite Sheehan got pulled over by a cop and issued a ticket. I think he was going 55 in a 40 mph or something. The cop reduced the ticket a little. We didn't let it ruin our trip. 

Lyssa always does my hair so nice. I can't braid hair let alone my own for the life of me. It's a good thing I have 2 boys so far. No braiding skills needed!


Playing some games together for Julianne's birthday. 




Cute little Baby J playing in the sand.

Papi took all the Grandbabies for a walk down to the beach. It was pretty precious. 

Gigi taking the kiddies out on the raft. Lincoln wasn't sure about the raft at first but then he LOVED it. 


Baby Ez and Baby Vance. Cute little guys!

I love his sweet smiles!

We enjoyed several campfires together. Deven and Sheehan are always good to do what we say and let all of us bossy people order them around. haha We are grateful we all married such great people!
Overall it was a fun family trip. Not sure we will do it again anytime soon. Maybe when the kids are older and we can rent a boat. It always fun to be with the family though!






No comments:

Kiersten and Sheehan's Wedding Day! March 21st, 2009