Sunday, January 27, 2013

Everyday Life

     I'm not sure an everyday life really exists just like I'm not sure there is such a thing as normal. But as of the present this is our everyday.

Lincoln helping load the dryer with wet clothes

     Lincoln is the highlight of our day (and often night) with his cute smiles, laughing, and babbling (ma, ma, ma,....) You bet I like to think he is saying mama! He is busy and into everything. I have seriously considered to the point of researching an infant helmet as learning to stand/walk has caused daily falls onto the hard wood or tile floors. As much as we try to put down blankets and surround him with pillows he doesn't seem to be interested in those "baby-proofed" areas. I look outside and can't WAIT to take him out there and let him roam and play. If only there wasn't so much snow and freezing wind. Then I think in the summer time I'll be lamenting "If only it weren't so dang hot!" Clearly, never satisfied...

Lincoln helping with the dishes


     Sheehan is still doing home inspections and his business continues to grow and get traffic from his website. What an amazing blessing! We are so grateful for the flexibility it offers and that Sheehan can do something that he truly enjoys.

     I have a forever conflicting debate with myself that when I go to work I love it! I love the productivity, the interaction, the opportunities to succeed, the "red" comes out in me so much it's hard to control. Then I come home to my wonderful house, Bagheera the cat that I secretly adore, husband that I love even more that the day we got married, and the better-than-words-can-describe little 9 month old boy named Lincoln. In that moment all I can think about is how much I love be home and being a mom. I think about how much I want to be the meal making, crafting, epitome of a mother that I always imagined. It makes me never want to work again but then I go to work and I sincerely love my work day and the wonderful experiences I have working at a hospital. The cycle is never ending.

     Someday a side will win out, but for now I am looking to find joy in these moments. I marvel at the wonderful blessing the Lord has given to Sheehan and I. The direction we have received and the guidance in our lives. I imagine that guidance comes in more ways that we may notice in the past, present, and shaping our future. Right now, Sheehan and I are busier than ever balancing work schedules, Lincoln, church callings, and service but I can say we are so happy. I am grateful to be able to be happy!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I loved every single bit of this post! Every single bit!! I'm so happy for you. Then again, I always knew you would make the most out of every moment given, no matter what. Love you, Kiersten!

Terri said...

I love reading about your family. I feel more connected.

Kiersten and Sheehan's Wedding Day! March 21st, 2009