Sunday, January 27, 2013

Lincoln's First Haircut & The Simple Pleasures in Life

This is the pick-me-up face which is shortly followed by the put-me-back-down squirm so characteristic of a busy 9 month old infant. This was taken after Lincoln first hair cut.

 This is Derrell. Sheehan's barber. He was kind enough to cut Lincoln's hair for the first time (something I was really nervous about since he tends to not sit still very long). 
He was perfect! It was like I had rehearsed this at home. He sat still, giggled at the perfect moments, and came out looking like a dapper little boy. He was so perfect Derrell gave us his first hair cut "on the house."


Lincoln is a wonderful shopper. He loves the colors, the people, the music, and being with Mommy and Daddy. As you can see in the photo above, a la material, we are traversing the craft store.

This photo is my idea of the saying, "a picture is worth a thousand words." To start off, Lincoln LOVES his binky which right now I'm okay with. It comes in handy at church. We decided to go shopping with Grandma Bev at Savers on a 50% off purchase day and they ran out of carts so we improvised with this pull along basket with basic wheels. He loved standing in it and I had many other shoppers chime, "I didn't see that on the shelf" referring of course to the one and only adorable Lincoln. I also LOVE this picture because he is so busy he doesn't have time to look at the camera. This is real life and it warms my little heart.

I got a new bedspread and curtains which I have long been waiting to splurge on. On a whim trip to Walmart and a little more money that I intended to spend that day I came home beaming with this wonderful decor. I am ecstatic. Sheehan helped me make our "new" bed. We ironed, sang, hung curtains, and danced while we remodeled the room. I'm not sure what I enjoyed more, the assembly or the outcome. Either way, we enjoyed the simple pleasures.

The video above I adore because Linko is walking along with his little toy like a walker. He is on the move!

No comments:

Kiersten and Sheehan's Wedding Day! March 21st, 2009