Saturday, July 5, 2014

4th of July

My Mom, Suzette, slept all night out on the street with strangers and having the cops make her move a few times just so that we could have front row street seats to the Freedom Festival 4th of July parade.  She was there from 3 pm July 3rd to 10 am July 4th! 

We had quite a crew with the Pezzillo clan, all of us Haubs, the Antaloczy's, and we even squeezed in our Stake President's family. We enjoyed the parade in fat and happy style with Shirley sweet rolls, watermelon, orange juice, and chocolate milk. It was so fun and so delicious! The parade lasted at least 2 hours. It was really fun! I'm not sure who is willing to sleep out on the street for next year's parade...not me....

Lincoln boy loves his Auntie Lyssa. 

Lexi, Kiley, and Lincoln boy




Devin and Julianne even brought 2 day old baby Ezra to enjoy part of the parade!



On my way to get the sweet rolls and drinks, early in the morning, I happened to catch the hot air ballon rides at Provo High. 



After the parade we walked around the Freedom Festival even though it was a steaming hot day! We all went home to nap then reconvened together at Grandma Bev's to play outside and watch the fireworks across the valley from Grandma's balcony.

 Setting off fireworks at Gigi and Papi's before we went to Grandma Bev's.


 Grandma has the best view in town and the best toys too!
(The pool playing pics are from the Sunday after 4th of July.)




Pics of my Mom and I at Pioneer Park on Pioneer Day in the sweltering heat playing an old pioneer game. I won with my wit, strength, and balance skills. ;)

No comments:

Kiersten and Sheehan's Wedding Day! March 21st, 2009