Tuesday, January 19, 2016

New Year, New Hair, New Colds

On our way home from Texas on Monday, December 28th I got a call from my Mom saying Kyle Nelson (my Cousin) and his family (wife Paola, boys Noah and Nilo) wanted to come visit so their kids could play in the snow. They asked to stay at our house and arrived around midnight Monday night. We LOVED having them come visit. Lincoln was so happy to play with Noah. He actually played in the snow with them. It's not so fun to play with just Mom...haha.
One morning I was eating cereal at the table and found these little eyes watching me. Nilo was hungry. Haha

They stayed until New Years Eve night up until we watched the ball drop at 10 pm then they headed back to St. George to spend some time with all the Nelson boys before heading home to California. 



For New Years Eve we celebrated at 10 pm again with our fellow East Coast Americans since we and all our little children are too tired to stay up until midnight. Since all my siblings were all over for Christmas we decided to do our Christmas Present Game on New Year's Eve. We played Pit and the winner of each round got to open a present or steal an opened one from someone else. At one point I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. It was so much fun! 

One of the gifts we won from the Christmas Gift Game was a dinosaur painting kit. Lincoln and Vance have just loved it. Vance calls dinosaurs "saur-saurs"

We decided it was time to get outside so we bundled up in our coats, hats, boots, and gloves and went for a long, although short distance, bike ride around the neighborhood. We then gave up the bike ride and decided to just play outside. 

Lincoln got a new hat and so Vance, wanting to be like his big brother, has been wearing Lincoln's old hat around the house. He puts it on himself just about every fashionable way but with the bill facing forward. We love this boy!

(18 weeks pregnant)
Alyssa has been mine and the boys "stylist" for at least a year now. I find these crazy ideas and we call her best friend Courtney (who is a professional stylist) and we figure out how to execute the idea. Lys is always game to be adventurous with me and usually it turns out pretty great!

We went to the aquarium with my Mom one day and we began to notice Vance was getting more and more lethargic and HOT!
He came down that night with what the Doctor thinks was Roseola. Lincoln started up with it about 2 days later and had a fever of 103.6 the first night. I get so wound up emotionally and worried when either of the boys are sick. I slept with Vance down in the cold guest room for 3 nights while his fever went on to make sure he wasn't getting too high of a temperature and to keep his medicine on track.

Sheehan slept with Lincoln who only went through 2 nights of high temperatures before he got over the virus. Vance just got some rash behind his knees but Lincoln did not get any rash. Fortunately, whatever they actually had was not contagious to adults.


 I was pretty wore out after a week of fevers so Sheehan gave me a Saturday afternoon of pampering with my Mom. I was choking back tears when he told me about the plans he had made for me and my Mom. They planned for me to get a 1 hour prenatal massage, then I went to Bare Minerals and got a new makeover, then we went to pick up my Dad from the airport and went on to eat at a new hotspot in SLC called Even Stevens Sandwiches.  It was a good time and yummy food and the massage was amazing! She worked on my lower back where the weight and strain from pregnancy just makes me hurt! I could get used to having a massage regularly.


No comments:

Kiersten and Sheehan's Wedding Day! March 21st, 2009