Saturday, July 15, 2017

Boston Home Inspector Conference Trip

I was able to accompany Sheehan on a business trip to Boston. I enjoyed the kid free time by sleeping in and attended a few of the business meetings and met all of the home inspector company owners that Sheehan has talked about for so many years. 
Before we flew out I wanted to get some sight seeing in so I went by myself to do a 3 hour bus tour of Boston. It was sooo good. One of my favorite parts was when the older woman bus driver/tour guide said, "over here you'll see the Mitt Romney's Temple. I took a tour of the mormon temple to find out about the gold guy on top, Moroni (she said Moh-Ro-Nee). She said it was a beautiful tour but she thought Angel Moroni looked a little bit like a penguin. 
I believe this was the minute man statue. 
British Soldier Uniform
My tour ended at the Faneuil Hall Marketplace and Quincy Marketplace. I picked up a t-shirt and some lunch and then took an Uber to the airport to meet up with Sheehan to fly home. I love my solo tour. I could read every sign as long as I wanted. 


Faneuil Hall was really neat. I walked in just in time to listen to a presentation by a Park Ranger. The hall is managed by the National Park Service. It was strange to see Ranger in the middle of a metropolitan city and not in the forests of Yosemite.


After the presentation was over I asked the Ranger questions and he pointed out a portrait on the side of the entrance of the Hall. It was a sketch of Abraham Lincoln. The history of this sketch is not entirely known. It was found tucked in a frame behind a different picture and later framed on it's own as pictured. I took a picture of the old frayed edges. I found this sketch fascinating. 

No comments:

Kiersten and Sheehan's Wedding Day! March 21st, 2009