Monday, March 8, 2010

Lauren and I's Quick Jaunt to Sin City

Sheehan was in Washington State for two weeks working with Ty Winder selling alarms. When it came time to pick him up at the Las Vegas Aiport on February 12th, 2010 I needed a co-pilot to take on the journey with me. Lauren, after much begging, schmoozing, and guilt-tripping agreed. Lauren is one of the best friends a girl could have. ;) So we were off and made it without any problems.
We had about 2 hours to kill before we picked up Sheehan from the airport. We found a place to park right on the Vegas strip. As we pulled into the parking structure, there were signs that parking would cost $3.00 dollars. I grabbed three Sacajawea gold dollar coins and was prepared and ready to give them to the parking man. I pulled up and cheerfully said, "Three dollars, right?" He just stared, not very nicely I might add. I wasn't sure if he didn't speak English or didn't hear me, so I opted for the last scenario and repeated, "The sign said three dollars right?" He continued to stare. Meanwhile Lauren is leaning over the center console of the car looking at the man with the same confused face as I had. Finally after looking around and trying to sort in my mind what the heck was going on he spoke....,"Don't you see the sign?" In my mind I'm closing in on hysterical and thinking, "of course I read the sign! It said $3.00! I've been holding them out of the window for the past awkward 45 seconds!" Instead I repeated, "The sign says three dollars these are gold dollar coins, my grandma gave them to me for...." he cut me off. "Don't you see the sign?" At this point I was wondering if they had made a wax figure and stuck him in the ticket booth for to prank people. Frustrated but trying to stay calm I started to look around to see what sign I was supposedly missing... Finally I said, "I'm sorry I do not know what sign you are talking about." He pointed to a small handwritten paper sign that he probably taped up there to make some extra dough that said, "Cash Only" Apparently Sacajawea gold dollar coins are not cash; good to know in the future. So I gave the man a $20.00 thinking to myself, "How much time have I just wasted of my life because this man is the ULTIMATE hint dropper!?!?!"
As we drove away in awed silence, I broke out, "What the heck was that about?" Lauren had a reply in gibberish as she was collapsed over in hysterical laughter which continued for a good 5 minutes until I told her to collect herself and lets get out of here before he hears you. Anytime you mention the Vegas parking man to Lauren she loses laughter control as was spoken of previously.
Off to a good start we enjoyed walking the strip and seeing all of the crazy people. Lauren and I participated in the Guinness World Record of the most hugs given setting it at 7,777 of which two of those famous and I'm sure unforgettable hugs were given by Lauren and I to Teddy McHuggin raising money for the American Heart Association. Lauren and I are just trying to do our part.... haha.

The picture is not a good one but it is the only one I had from the short but eventful trip.

No comments:

Kiersten and Sheehan's Wedding Day! March 21st, 2009