Monday, March 8, 2010

Nevermind, We Are in Tehachapi...


I often say that my life changes every 5 minutes or so....just ask my friend Lauren Brewer. (refer back to my first wives post, haha) At breakfast we're living in Victorville for 2 more years, lunch we are moving back to Utah, and at dinner we're in Tehachapi. Maybe we can throw New York City in there for a pre-lunch snack.Well, Utah is currently on hold for a couple weeks. We will be in Tehachapi for at least 8 more weeks while Sheehan and I work for the U.S. Census. Sheehan was recruited first since he is bilingual. (WHY DIDN'T I PAY MORE ATTENTION TO MS. ROBINSON IN SPANISH CLASS?!) I'm tempted to put that I am bilingual. Apparently just looking bilingual doesn't count. I could just review some spanish "COMO SE LLAMA?"....I think it could work. So Sheehan is starting training on March 15th and mine is yet to happen. ugh.... patience is not one of my virtues.
I am finishing up my Pharmacy Technician program. Katie Pezzillo and I will be taking the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Board exam this weekend. It's nice to have friends going along for moral support and not to mention the competitive side of it as well.
Having nothing to do has made me pull out the projects where I usually say, "I don't have time to do that." translation: "I have the time but I'd rather sit on the couch and watch Dr. Oz right now." Unable to fall back on that excuse, I've pulled out my UFO's (Quiltspeak for UnFinished Objects) and have committed to finishing my Sudoku Quilt. I love fabric stores. I love picking out quilts, but I quickly lose steam. I loathe binding quilts. I can't even give a legitimate reason why...I just don't like it. So here is the quilt so far...

No comments:

Kiersten and Sheehan's Wedding Day! March 21st, 2009