Saturday, October 31, 2015

Halloween 2015

This Halloween was so much fun! Lincoln was so excited for it and could not wait to go trick or treating. Fortunately the weather also cooperated with us enough to actually be able to wear the costume and not cover it up with a giant coat. The only bummer is I didn't get a picture of our little mickey mouse Bances. Spiderman Lincoln was pretty cute though.
We did a cute little craft with the kids and Haubits for FHE one night making "spiderwebs".

Lincoln was really into these skeleton pajamas because they glowed in the dark. He wanted me to take pictures of his skeleton dancing.


Our first Halloween festivity was a Clue Party with our friends Howard and Seneca Thruston. We had appetizers, dinner, played the Clue Board Game, and watched the movie. It was so much fun. I found my dress and Sheehan's green coat and vest at a thrift store. 

Devin was Colonel Mustard, Julianne was Ms. Peacock, I was Ms. Scarlet, Sheehan was Mr. Green, Seneca was Ms. White, and Howard was Professor Plum. There home was beautiful and dinner was yummy. 

We voted Devin's costume the best costume of the night.

Lincoln loves to find this picture on my phone and just cracks up at how funny he thinks his Daddy is. Silly Mr. Green. 



A few days later we met up with Ian his wife Madi, Lys, and my Mom to enjoy an afternoon at Cornbelly's. I always love their Mexican grilled corn. It's a highlight for me. We ran into my dear friend Kale Shillig who was running the zipline. 

 The kids were sitting so nicely as they were entertained by the animatronic chicken show. Vance kept escaping our group to go and sit on a hay bail and just watch the chickens sing and dance. He cracks me up. 


 We ended the night with a hayride. We were directly behind the tractor, which made Lincoln's night. 

 On Friday night (Hallow's Eve) we went to my Mom's to carve pumpkins. I made Sheehan carve Lincoln a Spiderman face. I carved a Mickey Mouse face for Vance and my Dad carved our big pumpkin into a Jack Skellington face. 
I found this old picture of Devin, myself, and Lys carving pumpkins at the Avocado house. I had to be about 3 years old. Someone said it looks just like Lincoln, I think it looks just like Vance but maybe it's just the blonde hair. 
I loved dressing Vance in this skeleton sweat outfit. He only has the sweatshirt on here but his Superman slippers make up for the mismatched outfit. 

The kids are getting big enough to help with the pumpkin cleaning and carving. Kiley did her pumpkin entirely on her own. Good memories with family. 

On Halloween Day we went back to Cornbelly's with Sheehan and played in the kiddie area we didn't have time for earlier in the week. The boys just adore Sheehan and he is so good to play with them. Just look at those boy's smiles as they ride down the giant slide. Pure joy. 


Smashing pumpkins. Lincoln tried really hard to use the mallet on his own. He did pretty good even though the thing probably weighed more than he did. Finally Sheehan stepped in to help him actually smash the pumpkin. They loved the destruction.

 Vance and I in our cow train seat. 

Sheehan with his boys in their cow train. 
We ended the night trick or treating around our neighborhood with Shay's family, Devin's family, and Colleen stayed to visit the next couple of days. The boys had a great time playing with their cousins and having more kids to trick or treat with!
Lincoln and his preschool teacher Mrs. Frost


No comments:

Kiersten and Sheehan's Wedding Day! March 21st, 2009