Monday, October 12, 2015

Temple Blessings

I've been able to do a lot of Family History since Vance was born. Grandma Bev started asking for my tech help on a couple things and from then on I became obsessed with finding her Grandmother Simona Zamora and her parents and so on.

It really saved me on many days that I felt like all I did was change diapers, clean little faces, and repeat. Being a stay at home Mom is wonderful and I am so blessed to be able to do it. I struggle with my pride in working and being praised for my accomplishments in the workplace. Not having that praise and pride has been really hard for me.

I felt some of that pride in accomplishment as I did Family History and saw my hours of research fill out our family line. I had many great experiences being led by the spirit to just check one more record to find the name or information I needed. After gathering more than 20 male and female names to take to the temple we did a Family Temple Baptism Session at the Mount Timpanogos Temple.

Bailey Blair-Holmes went with us and helped us with the proxy baptisms. Grandma Bev took her home to relieve our babysitter while Sheehan and I did some more work. When Sheehan and I came home it was about 8:30 pm. Our boys don't go to bed until 9-10pm because neither Sheehan or myself are very good about sticking to a bedtime routine.

It was a miracle that they had fallen asleep on the couches downstairs at 8 pm. This had never happened before and they stayed asleep the rest of the night. So blessings do come from temple service! Sometimes in the form of sleeping, peaceful toddlers.


Here are some family members. We did the temple work for a couple of them on this day in October 2015.
Grandma Connie (Concepcion Reyes-still living in Riverside)


Stephen Hernandez Sr. (Connie's first husband, Grandma Bev's Father-passed)


Simona Zamora (Connie's Mother)


My Grandfather Clyde Nelson Sr. (Papa) has a brother named Ron Nelson who is the youngest of the 3 Nelson siblings and was known for being so, so funny. He passed away recently after battling cancer. He was living with his son Tim Nelson in Frisco, Texas at the time. Grandma Bev was able to attend the funeral.

No comments:

Kiersten and Sheehan's Wedding Day! March 21st, 2009