Monday, January 11, 2016

Lincoln gets a Goldfish

We were invited to a Ugly Sweater Christmas Party with a white elephant gift game. The gift I gave was "fish and chips" so I bought a tube of Lays Stax Chips and a live goldfish. Lincoln was really excited about the fish so I bought him his own goldfish. It lasted a month or so then the goldfish decided to jump ship and I found him after stepping on him dried up on the carpet. Fortunately I had my slipper on.
Needless to say, Lincoln was pretty devastated and had a good cry. I found Sheehan holding him and consoling him and practically giving him the plan of salvation lesson explaining the fishy went to live with Jesus. I walked in not knowing this discussion was happening and told Lincoln the goldfish went to live in the ocean and he passionately yelled, "No, Mommy the fishy went to be with Jesus!"
If you look real close you can see the shiny fish, that I had stepped on, on the carpet.

No comments:

Kiersten and Sheehan's Wedding Day! March 21st, 2009