Sunday, March 12, 2017

Vance-isms: 3rd birthday!

Vance turned 3!


Vance has become quite the character. If you ask him questions it's never just yes or no. He responds in a full sentence about 90% of the time.
 Would you like some bread? Yes, I would.
Do you want to go to bed? No, I don't.
Did you pick a book? Yes, I did.
It always makes people laugh when he answers questions. Like the cashier at the store, Are you having a good day? "Yes I am," he says.
He calls a fluff a burt or "burp"
He asked/commanded me, "bizz me up" holding his hoodie sweater zipper.
He told me today that cooking marshellows (Yes that's Marshellows) over the fire makes him happy.
He is sure that candy makes his ouchies feel better and tells me that often. Candy is also acceptable for breakfast and really at all times according to Vance.
He loves monster trucks and wants to be a monster truck driver. He wants to drive grave digger or the puppy truck.
He loves puppies. He says he wants the biggest, purple puppy. I think that's a bit of a tall order but we'll see what we can manage. 
He is still obsessed with tools, loves his tool belt and fixing with his Daddy.
He loves the movie Trolls. He can sing and dance (bob his head and shake his booty) to that all day, every day.
He loves all things superheroes and power rangers. Sometimes he'll randomly attack me, "green power, sword!" then run at me full speed.
We've convinced him if he eats his food he'll be tall like Daddy so if someone tells him, "Wow you are getting so big Vance!" He'll say, "Huh, I eat all my food."
HUH....Vance's word for yes. (not a question huh? It's like he's say uh-huh) I once watched him and the poor nursery leader go back and forth. Nursery leader, "Would you like some goldfish?" Vance, "Huh" I said "Would you like some goldfish?" Vance, "Huh." Finally, I translated, "Huh means yes."
Lately, he's been a bit of a poor eater and is obsessed with Pediasure which he just calls his milk. If he is upset over something he'll say, "But I need my milk because I'm sad." The rule is he can't have pediasure milk until the sun goes down before bed. He'll only drink Pediasure morning, noon, night, and midnight if he had the choice.
Vance likes to climb into bed with us. No, he does not really sleep through the night. Yes, that is probably our fault. 
Vance loves his Daddy. He would probably choose Sheehan over me any day. :)
We love our Bances, Vancey, Vancey Pants whatever you want to call him. If you ask him his name is Bancey. ;) We love him.
And he still loves his screwdriver. He fell asleep on the stairs after working hard, playing with his tools. 

No comments:

Kiersten and Sheehan's Wedding Day! March 21st, 2009