Monday, June 23, 2014

Carpinteria Beach

Oh my! I needed a trip to the beach so bad! I loved it! There is something about the ocean, the sound of the waves, and the salty breeze that is so refreshing and energizing. We saw dolphins, seals and waded through the tide pools.
 

The first day Sheehan and I were pretty sunburned but we just covered up the rest of the time. 
Can I just say?!...I have a pretty great husband. He really LOVES playing with Lincoln. I'd rather just watch so it really works out for all of us. haha It made me so happy to see Lincoln playing around in the waves and running in the sand. He was giggling, jumping, running, he thought it was pretty great!






Sheehan saved Lincoln and Lexi from falling and flailing in the little waves. 




Loves these pics of Sheehan and our little boy.



Sheehan's nickname is "digger". He is always tasked with digging a big hole for everyone to play in. He is pretty fast and usually happy to do it. :)

Taking a break from digging.

Snack time!

Love these cute little cousins! 



Playing at the Carpinteria kids park. 




Hanging out at the campsite

Little baby Vance looking cute in his little hat. 

Eating our candy after going to Robitaille's candy shop. Obviously Lincoln is not having a good moment. Shortly after this though a friendly, older woman came over and complimented me on my pretty dress. Thank you stranger lady for making that part of my day better again.

I love this baby! He is really good. He is happy to just sit on my lap or lay on the floor. He has been so good to me.

Isn't it beautiful?! 
Papi makes the best forts.


This is the only time these two got along let alone be this close to each other.

Love this! Cute Boys!


We ate at The Spot a couple of times. I had to get the pastrami quesadilla and the vanilla chocolate chip shake. It's tradition.


Lincoln does not have the greatest vocabulary but he does know the word Duck. The only problem is all birds are "ducks" to him. So this poor seagull he chased along the beach while yelling, "Duck!"

Vance was a little king at the campsite. We set him up on big fluffy blankets facing the ocean. He loved it! 





Half way through our beach trip we were able to get a site on beach row. It was awesome!!

Kohly was gracious enough to let us stay at her home and make a mess. It was so nice to be able to play at the beach all day then go back to a house and sleep in a nice bed. Best Friends going on about 17 years. 

Lincoln thinks he's the man in his own chair, with his Cheez-its, and a nice warm towel...and don't forget the binky. He'll be losing that binky after this trip. Poor boy doesn't know what's coming. 

 Sheehan flew home Thursday morning to go back home to make the bacon. The boys and I partied on with Gigi. We took a quick stop at Aunt Michelle's for some R&R from our vacation. Lincoln loved their house. All the toys, cars, and playset! I loved catching up on Jimmy Fallon episodes. It was so perfect and I can't wait to have a house that is set up so well for a little two year old boy.


Waking up at Aunt Michelle's with dried ketchup on his face. He slept with me every night we were out of town. Sweet boy! They are so cute when they are sleeping...then they wake up.


Real men push strollers. Lys and I are peeking in the background. I'm sporting Vance in the ergo baby carrier. Best thing ever. 

My trip was complete with a lunch visit to Reynaldo's. They make my favorite burrito and their salsa is a top favorite too. Then I finish my meal off with their delicious pumpkin bread. Man I love this place! I'm salivating just writing about it. 

My cute baby boy Vance in his car seat. He likes to eat the bears. He was a great traveler. We probably put in about 24 hours of driving total. Maybe more. He did so good. Lincoln did really good too thanks to the binky and the DVD player.

No comments:

Kiersten and Sheehan's Wedding Day! March 21st, 2009