Monday, September 14, 2009

The Question: How is married life?



I hate this question. How in the world do you answer it?! … “Terrible. Just Terrible.” Or “Oh, it just lovely! I love being married!” Or do you stay neutral, “It’s great. Good. Reallll Good.” After these one lined statement people just smile and wait there awkwardly waiting for more detail but do they really want more detail. I don’t think so… so they say,


“Well that’s good. It’s an exciting time in your life.”

I think it is safe to say in any stage, “It’s an exciting time in your life.”


Childhood = “Obliviousness is bliss. No care in the world."

Teenage = “These are the best days of our lives.”


Adult = Don’t know a saying for this stage. Maybe it’s not so great a time. Although, I think it is, it is a time of independence, it is the one stage you are in control of your life! Do you feel empowered… I do.)





Elderly = “The Golden years.”


1 comment:

brandigirlio said...

I hated that questions too. Even after 7 year of Marriage I still get this question. The question I hated the most was when are you having kids? Or they assume your going to have kids because you just got married.

Kiersten and Sheehan's Wedding Day! March 21st, 2009