Monday, September 14, 2009

I’m an Aunt…



Alyssa had her Baby!
Kiley LaRae Perry was born on 9-9-09. Sweet birthday, eh? I thought so…

We, as in my family and I, have decided that my Aunt name will be Auntie Beetle. It may sound strange to you. I would tell someone to think twice about dubbing themselves Aunt Roach or Uncle Tarantula. Not very inviting, ya know…
Beetle has been my life long nickname with various alternatives to it. (Example: Beetle Loda) When I was learning to read I came across a picture of a Beetle in a picture book and tearfully exclaimed, “I am not a beetle! Don’t ever call me that again!” It still stuck despite my loathing the nickname, but as with many things, first we loathe it, then we tolerate it, then we embrace it… I am now at the embracing stage.

So Auntie Beetle it is!!!

1 comment:

Deven and Alyssa Perry said...

Love that you are embracing the nick name. haha...

Kiersten and Sheehan's Wedding Day! March 21st, 2009